Category: Big data, open data platforms, and web services
Overview: Factual is an open data platform for application developers that leverage large-scale data aggregation and
community exchange. The focus is on making data more accessible (i.e. cheaper, higher quality, and less encumbered) for machines and developers to drive and accelerate innovation.
Unit of Analysis: Varies depending on data source
Scope: Factual aggregates data from many sources including partners, user community, and the web.
- Global Places Database
- U.S. Healthcare Providers Extended Attributes
- U.S. Restaurants Extended Attributes
- Global Products Database
- Products Crosswalk—map of products across the web
- Place Crosswalk—map of places across the web
Value Added: Facutal applies a sophisticated machine-learning technology stack to extract both unstructured and structured data; clean, standardize, canonicalize data; and merge, de-dupe, and map entities across multiple sources.
Form: Open data platform
- Real-time data
- Time-series materializations may be possible depending on data set and use case
Frequency: Updated in real-time
Potential Uses for Regional Analysis: Customized analyses of multiple facets of regional economic activity using web sourced data
For Additional Information:
- Website: Factual
- Vikas Gupta (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Leo Polovets (email@example.com)