DataWeb for the DataFerrett
Category: Data intermediaries and integrators
Overview: The U.S. Census Bureau offers DataFerrett as a data mining, extraction, and analytical tool, allowing users to locate and retrieve data, select and recode variables, and develop and customize tables, graphs, and maps to create visual depictions of the data DataFerrett sources data from TheDataWeb, a distributed network of public and private databases providing a vast amount of statistical information that is constantly updated and expanded. The DataWeb team collaborates with cross-agency data providers, as well as public sector partners to enhance and extend the DataFerrett project.
Form: Data platform. Available types of datasets include microdata, aggregate or summarized data, longitudinal datasets, and time series datasets.
Scope: Ninety-four supplements and modules, and thousands of individual monthly, quarterly, and annual releases; 97 search topics range from Adult School Enrollment to County Population Estimates
The following datasets are available, and within those, all supplements or modules and most releases:
- American Community Survey
- American Housing Survey
- Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System
- Consumer Expenditure Survey
- County Business Patterns
- Current Population Survey
- Decennial Census of Population and Housing
- Home Mortgage Disclosure Act
- National Ambulatory Medical Care Survey
- National Center for Health Statistics
- National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey
- National Health Interview Survey
- National Hospital Ambulatory Medical Care Survey
- National Survey of FHWAR
- NYC Housing and Vacancy Survey
- Public Libraries Survey
- Small Area Health Insurance Estimates
- Small Area Income and Poverty Estimates
- Social Security Administration
- Survey of Income and Program Participation
- Survey of Program Dynamics
Frequency: Release dates occur monthly, quarterly, annually, or periodically, depending on the dataset.
Method: Multiple surveys and their subsequent supplements and releases are made available through TheDataWeb on an on-going basis. Datasets are linked to TheDataWeb network, and accessed via the DataFerrett tool.
Potential Uses for Regional Analysis: Enhances accessibility and usability of relevant datasets; facilitates integration of data from multiple sources
For Additional Information: